Sacred Heart School Newsletters

10 December 2010

19th November

Dear Parents

SISTER'S OF MERCY MASS - FRIDAY 26 NOVEMBER - 9.30AM
Families are welcome to join us, as we celebrate a Mass next Friday 26 November, to recognise the 60 years that the Sister's of Mercy have been part of our Parish.

Book Amnesty
Next week will be the last day for children to borrow books from the school library. We are looking forward to completing a stocktake and preparing the books for our new library, next year. Sadly, there are a large number of books overdue. Could you please have a huge search and return all books, (library, reading, etc) to school as soon as possible? No questions asked.
Thank you for your support with this.

Red Nose Day
Thank you to all the children who purchased Red Noses to support Cure Kids. We hope you have had the opportunity to see the lovely photo in the paper today and please watch Cue TV tonight.

Scholastic book club orders will close on Tuesday 23rd November.

Bakugan Cards and toys are not to be brought to school. Thank you.

PTA – School Fair
A fantastic result from the fair with an approximate profit of $12,500.
As advised in previous newsletters, this money will be used in conjunction with the Board of Trustees to help kit out our new library, create a new sandpit area and continue to help meet the additional resource needs (i.e. computers, books, equipment, games and individual classroom needs), for the school.
Once again thank you to all involved before, after and/or during the day of the fair – your help and hard work has been very much appreciated and the needs of our children and school will very much benefit from the funds raised.
Susanne Brown - Fair Committee/PTA President

Basketball Results
Shooters - bye
Sharks won 10 - 7
Slamdunkers lost 1 - 30
Spurs – bye
Many thanks to William Mason who coached the Sharks team this week.
They had an excellent win with only 5 players.

Lost at the school fair a small stainless steel multi-tool to fit a key chain.
If found, please hand in to the school office. Thank you.

Girls’ Soccer Boots Size 2
If anyone is interested in a pair of brand new boots, please enquire at the office or contact Meg O’Connell.

Babysitter Available
End of November to mid February, Monday – Friday. I have just completed year 13 and have a car license. Enquiries to Alice Boyle 215-8319.

Santa Parade – Saturday 27th November – 2pm

St Patrick’s School Fair – Sunday 28th November 10am – 2pm - 161 Metzger Street.

Makarewa School Monster Gala Sale – Sunday 12 December
The Makarewa School Year 6 Camp Fundraising Team is looking at organising a Monster Gala Sale to be held at Makarewa School on Sunday 12th December. Tables can be purchased for this event at a cost of $10 and all profit of sales goes to the table holder. Last year was very profitable with clothing, plants, baking, jewellery, stationery and garage sale items on sale. Contact Diane Taylor as soon as possible on 2217 434 or 027 235 7659 to register your interest in purchasing a space.



Room 7 Class Happenings


Enjoy reading our recounts of making craft items to sell at the fair.

As I used the hot glue gun I went ouch. YAY IT’S ART. Mrs Winders got it ready in the morning and she explained what we could do on Friday. Elsie and I made photo frames then we made pegs and later painted a box. I am going to tell you about the photo frames. First we got the stuff out of my bag then we got the items that we were putting together. We had a plan of photo frames. We set it up while we were waiting for the hot glue gun. Thamsyn

Half of the Day of Art! Splat the paint went on the floor. We got to choose what to do out of pet rocks, wrapping paper, and shoeboxes, pencil toppers and Christmas baubles. I first chose the pet rocks and I made two pet Rocks. One had big eyes and one had little eyes on. We had the hot glue gun to put the eyes on. The next thing I did was the wrapping paper. On the wrapping paper you get to do it with a partner. My partner was Mitchell. The art was fun. Alex W

Art for the Fair I didn’t know what to choose to do. First I chose the wrapping paper. Antony and I stencilled one together but it didn’t have a pattern. So we made another one that had a better pattern. Next I washed my hands. Eventually I made a pencil end. It had yellow paint over the white ball. I used green feathers for ears and pom poms for eyes. Flynn

Awesome we’re doing craft for the fair! What sort? I’ll tell you what I did. I made a pencil top. Firstly we got a paint shirt on and then got ready. Next I painted it yellow. Meanwhile I got the hot glue gun and stuck the feathers on the top. The glue gun was like a sticky spider web. I was feeling nervous. I got vivid and put a face on. It was as loud as elephants rushing through the jungle. I felt very excited. We made some lady bugs. I can’t wait until the next school fair. I wonder what there will be next time. In the end we all tidied up the pigsty. Caelan

Awesome a half a day of craft! Awesome! What sort of craft? On the 1st of November Monday 2010 Room 7 Sacred Heart School made some fantastic art for a stall to raise money for St Paul’s school damaged in the earthquake. Firstly Mrs Winders set newspaper up on all the desks so it was ready for us when we arrived. We put paint shirts on so we didn’t get paint on our uniform. Then we got out some equipment like sequins, jewels and foamy stickers. Meanwhile other people were colouring in, painting jars, drawing ladybugs spots, or splattering paint all over themselves. The noise was like a lion’s tremendous roar. Secondly I had to think of how I was going to decorate it. Next I glued my sequins on with the hot glue gun. It was sticky like a spider web and as hot and stingy as a bee sting. Finally I let it dry on the floor.
Later I made a bauble. I used feathers, paint, and vivid. I used purple paint to make it colourful and I used vivid to do the face. Lastly we all tidied up. I was surprised that it all turned out so great. Ella

Newspaper’s everywhere. I don’t know what we are doing? Glue gun, glitter, boxes, paint jars, pictures and ladybugs. What is all this for? Finally we know. First we got to choose what to do first. Next we moved on to painting pictures. We took a while. Then splash, splash went the paint brushes on the paper and it was getting louder. But we were all still happy. The teacher was taking a video and photos. Some of us needed to look for cakes in magazines. After it all we packed up, I was still feeling nervous. Mitchell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home