Sacred Heart School Newsletters

13 March 2009

13 March 2009

Dear Parents

By now our first week of swimming has been completed – many thanks to all parents for having your children in their named sports gear. Also thanks to all the parents who have been able to help in the changing rooms. Having fathers able to assist means I am able to take a swimming group which has been beneficial to our group sizes.

ZONE ATHLETICS ~ These will be held at the Surrey Park grounds this Monday (cancellation date Tuesday 17th). Children 8 and above (as at 31/12/2008) will be taking part. All the children attending have been given information about the day. Please do not send your child to school with a warm up for lunch. Parents are most welcome to join us at Surrey Park.
Because of the changeable weather, please have your children bring their athletic gear and their swimming gear. If the athletics are cancelled then the children will be going swimming with the rest of the school.

ATTENDANCE DUES
You should have received your Attendance Dues from the Dunedin Diocesan recently. If you are experiencing any problems or issues paying these, please contact Fr. Vince Smith on 215-7315.

OLD SCHOOL FURNITURE ~ The desks and chairs next to the sand pit are surplus. You are welcome to help yourselves to these, on a first in first served basis.

FOR SALE ~ TV on trolley – 25”. Inquiries to office please.

SCHOLASTIC NZ
Issue 2 of bookclub given out this week, closes on Thursday 26th March. Cheques to Scholastic NZ please.

CONGRATULATIONS: To Georgia Mackie & Samuel Downing who are both trialling for the Southland U11 Touch teams this weekend. Good luck!

PTA EASTER RAFFLE
Thank you to those families who have returned their raffle cards. These need to be handed in at the office by next Friday 20 March please. Also remember to drop your Easter Egg into the office for the Hamper.



By Room 8 ~ Yey it’s Friday!!! We are all soooooo tired from our first weeks of swimming.

I have enjoyed learning to blow bubbles and breathe. I am in Mrs Leishout’s group in the big pool.
I am super cool!!!! By Eli W

I have been learning to breathe properly, and I know now that when I breathe I have to look at the wall not at the ceiling. My favourite part is swimming freestyle. By Tom H

Splash!!! The waves went wild because Georgia is kicking wildly with her feet. I enjoyed when I was doing backstroke because it was fun and I am really good at it. By Reuben B

The good things about swimming are when the teacher isn’t looking we secretly splash about in the pool. The bad thing about it is that we have a prolonged lesson. By Samuel R

Splash!!! All of the people are kicking and the water is getting in my eyes. I like breast stroke the most but I kept on bumping into other people. I disliked having to swim the whole length of the pool. This was hard. By Brenna

Splash!!! It was time to get into the pool. When we first got in it was freezing. To warm up we had to swim a length of the pool. My favourite part is back stroke. By Abby H

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home